Click on the below links for some useful information on the upcoming H&S changes and the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA), which came into effect on 04 April 2016:
WorkSafe recommends that your business needs to proactively identify and manage its health and safety risks, and make sure information about health and safety is shared with workers, and workers are engaged in matters that could affect their health and safety.
Use these tips to get your health and safety processes on the right track:
- Identify health and safety hazards and risks, and take steps to prevent these from happening.
- Make sure health and safety in your business is led from the top, has involved and is understood by your staff, and is reviewed regularly.
- Hold regular training on health and safety matters.
- Engage workers in health and safety matters that affect them.
- Support all officers to get up to date with health and safety issues and key risk factors.
- Report and monitor health and safety goals.
- Regularly review any incidents.
- Carry out frequent health and safety audits.