NZARH is committed to professionalism and growth in the New Zealand hairdressing and barber industry.
NZARH membership is open to all hair salon and barber businesses.
As a member of the Association of Registered Hairdressers you become part of an industry body that is dedicated to maintaining
professionalism and industry standards. You will enjoy access to all relevant membership benefits as soon as your membership is confirmed.
If you have any questions or would prefer to join over the phone then please call our friendly team on 03 548 9818 or email us,
we’d be delighted to chat with you and answer all your membership questions.
Choose a plan that works for you
(per year, incl GST)
Perfect if you just want to enter NZARH competitions (including The Industry Awards)
(Not available to salon owners)
- 2020 Competition Dates: 21 June - Invercargill, 5 July - Auckland, 26 July - Whanganui, 9 August - Christchurch, 16 August - Hamilton
- Being a Member of the NZARH gives you a voice and say on the key regulatory issues affecting your hair or barber business
- Access to all NZARH competitions (including The Industry Awards) and seminars
- Listing on the register of qualified hairdressers (fee applies)
- Rely on NZARH to act in members best interests and to speak confidently on members behalf on industry issues
(per month, incl GST)
Perfect for RETIRED STYLISTS, FRIENDS OF NZARH or if you have no employees or are a rent a chair
- Monthly Payment Plan option
- Full Voting rights
- Preferential Pricing on all current and Business Resources (Health & Safety Guides, Employment Contracts etc)
- Preferred Annual Subscription pricing for Images Magazine NZ's Leading Salon Magazine
- Business Support on ethics and professionalism of Industry Standards
- Free business listing includes your business name, physical/postal address, phone details*
- 1 complimentary Registration Certificate (for a qualified stylist)*
- * Excludes retired stylists and Friends of NZARH
(per month, incl GST)
Perfect if you employ staff
- Free initial consultation with a NZARH approved Business Coach plus preferential rates for ongoing coaching
- Preferential rates for HR Toolkit, Koru Club membership, Images Magazine, Jims Test & Tag services, Vocus Communications, Pure Peony and Paper Pack and Merlin garage door openers and other Commercial Partners
- Service fee discounts and access to free marketing support from Partpay
- Free text messaging when you sign up or re-sign with Kitomba - conditions apply
- The option to upgrade to a Findasalon
(per month, incl GST)
Perfect if you employ staff and apprentices and/or own up to three Salons
- As a thank you for training apprentices, NZARH will refund the employer 100% of the 2759 fees for apprentices who sit 2759 (valued at $155.25)
- Free initial advice from a NZARH approved Employments Relations Lawyer
- Complimentary upgrade to a Findasalon Listing which includes branding, salon info photos and links to websites and social media
- Complimentary listing on the NZ HAIR Directory (valued at $69.00)
- Complimentary Health & Safety Guide (valued at $115.00)
- Complimentary Registration Certificates for all qualified stylists
ONLINE BUSINESS DIRECTORY
The NZARH has the largest online directory dedicated to the promotion of hair salons in New Zealand. Many association members receive a free business listing to complement their existing online marketing initiatives. This displays your business name, physica/postal address, phone number and email address.
Some Members have the option to upgrade to a Findasalon Listing which provides the following additional features...
- Incorporation of you Salons logo into your directory page for added brand presence and visual appeal.
- Build your social following by incorporating links to key social media account including; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Include a description of your Salon outlining what sets your business apart from the rest along with the services provided.
- Display additional contact details such as hours of operation as well as a link through to your own website.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS
The NZARH partner with a wide range of organisations to help you do business better.
Some Association member categories allow access to a growing resource base to assist in all areas of business.
Employment Relations Lawyer
The Services of an Employment Relations Lawyer with many years experience dealing with the hairdressing industry is available, with free initial advice for NZARH Elite members. This is a once only offer on your initial consultation with our lawyer per year, following your membership renewal or on a new membership.
A template is available to purchase for members to tailor to their specific needs. We have templates available for rent-a-chair, part-time, permanent and temporary staff.
Health & Safety Guide
This guide has been specifically developed for your salon's needs. Endorsed by WorkSafe and provided at a greatly reduced rate to members.
Best Practice in Business Guide