- This competition is open to both H&BNZ members and non members.
- Entry fees apply and are non-refundable.
- Entry fees must be paid at the time of entering.
- Entry fees - Members - Rising Star $49, Senior $79.
- Entry fees - Non Members - Rising Star $79, Senior $99.
- Entries close at 5pm on Monday 7 June 2021. No late entries will be accepted.
- No over manipulation of the photo images.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should a competitor change their place of work after entering the competition their details will
remain as the salon, barbershop or training provider they entered under.
- If a 2021 H&BNZ Competitions Committee member is confirmed as a judge, staff from his/her salon or
barbershop are not eligible to enter.
- A competitor who is employed by a H&BNZ member salon must compete under the name of
that salon and cannot join H&BNZ as an individual member.
- A competitor who is an H&BNZ Competition Member will compete under their name and not
that of the salon/barbershop/business where they work.
- Members of the H&BNZ Competitions Committee are not eligible to compete.
- Co-workers/employees/employers of H&BNZ Judges, Stewards and Trainees are eligible to
compete in the Restyled Collections Awards. For a situation where a Judge is judging their co-
workers/employees/employers work, those Judge's marks won't be counted.
- Any competitor with any complaint or query is to contact the H&BNZ Office immediately at:
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- H&BNZ trusts entries to be the work of that competitor for the Event they're entering. A competitor may not use their own hair to create an entry.
- Models under the age of 16 must provide a consent release form signed by a parent or
guardian. This is for you to keep and H&BNZ may call for it at any time. Email
email@example.com if you require a Consent Form
- Male, female, transgender or gender fluid models can be used in all events.
- Multiple entries allowed.
- If you are unsure of any of the rules, please contact the Competitions Committee for
clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Judges and organising committee have the sole discretion as to the assessment of each
photographic entry and their discretion in all aspects of assessment is final.
Terms and Conditions
The Entrant must be the original creator of the hairwork represented in the photography. All entries must
be original and previously unpublished, this includes all online media formats and behind the scenes
photos. You can submit “out takes” however, it is recommended that the photograph is not similar to
one that has been entered before. You can use the same model and restyle the hair and clothing in a
different manner, for submission.
Copyright of the submitted entry or entries remains with the photographer and hairstylist/barber.
Approval for entry and use of that entry or entries in the competition is the responsibility of the Entrant
who must have the written permission, or alternatively a licence, from the hairstylist/barber and
photographer for such entry or entries or use, including the use by H&BNZ for any legitimate purpose and
in any fora.
- Reproduction Rights
H&BNZ may reproduce an entry or entries in any existing or future medium of its choice for a period of
five years from the closing date of entries. H&BNZ undertakes not to trade that entry or entries for any
gain or for any other use to any party, apart for promotional purposes, without first obtaining the written
permission of the copyright holder(s).
- Moral Rights Protection
H&BNZ acknowledges the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1994 including the right of the
hairstylist/barber to be identified as the author of any entry or entries. To protect the artistic integrity of
the entry or entries H&BNZ will not intentionally edit, alter, demean or misrepresent the entry or entries
in any way.
- Model and Property Release
It is the Entrant’s responsibility to obtain appropriate written permission from any person and/or the
owner of any property that is identifiable in the entry or entries. The Entrant agrees to provide
H&BNZ with a copy of this written permission if requested to do so.
The Entrant indemnifies H&BNZ against any claim(s) arising from any breaches of the intellectual
property rights of any third party referred to in these terms and conditions of entry.
All entries will be treated with care, but no responsibility will be accepted in the case of loss or damage.
Insurance is the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
By entering this competition, the Entrant undertakes that he/she has obtained the permission of all
parties associated with the entry or entries for H&BNZ to hold their personal information (including name,
contact details and place of employment or study) for the purposes of promoting H&BNZ, its competitions
Non-monetary prizes are not transferable for cash. The H&BNZ reserves the right to offer the winners a
substitute prize of similar value if the anticipated prize becomes unavailable for any reason. If this should
occur, the prize value is limited to $1,000.